Wait, let me try starting this blog post again. Read the questions below. How well could you do with answering them? I know that I would not have known these names when I was in 8th grade ... but most of my students totally rocked today's quiz!!
- 79 students took the quiz. 3 were absent today.
- They had 3 nights to prepare. I assigned and posted it on Friday.
- Only 1 student was completely unprepared. She had totally forgotten the assignment. Everyone else had at least some notes and understanding.
- The video is 12 1/2 minutes long, including 1 minute of bloopers/out-takes at the end.
- It took about 8-10 minutes for most students to take the quiz, and ~20 minutes for me to score them during a related class activity.
- 63 of those 79 gave satisfactory answers to all the questions. That's 80%!
- The other 16 were missing some key details, but all of them gave at least 1 acceptable answer on the quiz. Their homework is to review the video and their notes again, and retake the same quiz during our next class period.
I just checked the statistics for my first academic flipped-video lesson quiz last year. That was assigned 1 week later in the school year (Sept 25), and the success rate was lower: 63% on their first attempt. And I thought that topic was easier, too!
So I must be doing some things right this year so far....