1. I typed a script of talking points with key words, dates, phrases, etc. for the presentation.
2. Then I opened a new iMovie project and chose the "Scrolling Credits" text option. I picked an appropriate time period of about 1 minute and pasted the script of ONE question topic into the credits. (If you align the text on the left, then you'll have enough space on the right half for step 5.) I repeated this process for the other script topics, each with a different background color to show transition. All of that took me about 5 minutes.
3. Next, I exported that simple movie and ate more breakfast cereal. (It was about 6:15 AM.)
4. When that was finished, I set up iMovie to import from my laptop camera (but I could have used any recording equipment). Then, at the same moment, I clicked 'play' on the text movie AND started the camera. So during the recording I was talking about the words I could see on the screen. This helped me to stay brief and on-topic -- no time for rambling today!
5. It took about 15 minutes in iMovie to add my camera clips to the "scrolling credits." I used the picture-in-picture to place my handsome self on the right side. Now you can see/hear me talking to you, while some key words appear on the left-hand side. The finished product is posted below. You see a fancy shirt on top, but I have pajama pants down below...