I have recently produced most movies with a simple camera and iMovie, but there are many more ways to produce your clips. If you already have multimedia presentations, wouldn't it be great to convert them into your homework videos? Yeah it would. Sometimes the process is simple, sometimes it's more complicated ... depending on your original version.
If this blog post is missing a crucial step or a common computer program, or if you find an easier solution, please let me know!
Turning a Powerpoint slideshow into a movie
If you have the newest version (Microsoft Office 2013), this is really easy:
However, you probably have an older version of Powerpoint. Its movie export feature only records the transitions and NOT your voiceover narrations. Bummer. This is the best workaround I have found:
- Follow the steps for the workaround described above: Quicktime Player or another screen-cap program.Huzzah!!
- When your project is finished (including voiceovers if needed), export by clicking this button:
- Choose the circled option below. You will just see one of these, depending on your version of the app:
- Within a few minutes the job will be done. If you had the left-side window, then you will have to tap "Save Video". Finished!
- Follow the 4 steps illustrated below, and then you will have an Explain Everything presentation.
- View it to ensure that all the transitions were converted properly.
- Then scroll up to see the directions for converting an Explain Everything project to a movie. Wahoo!