Today I launched #flipblogs version 3.0 by tweeting this image:
If you already have a blog, skip the following orange section for tips about how to be as flipping ridiculous as me...
Ways to get started with blogging:
- Choose a hosting site. I use Weebly which has good free options, but there are others like Blogspot. Layout design is really simple and should not at all be your top priority anyway.
- Write something about some stuff that happened.
Oh, one more thing: Try to pick a better blog name than I did!
- Avoid obvious references to your workplace, colleagues, parents, and certainly students. You have to assume that any of those people could be in your audience.
- Political messages can be oh-so-tempting, but also avoid as much as possible. There are lots of other things you can blog about. (I bent my own rule and then deleted the post a few weeks later.)
- That said, just go ahead and be yourself, and if that means throwing caution to the wind, well then fuck it just go ahead! (see what I did there)
- "What will I blog about?!" --- There are so many possibilities! You tried something new today ... something old actually worked better than ever ... one student did a funny / surprising / inspiring / disturbing / thought-provoking thing ... you feel _____ about next week because _____ .... What won't you blog about?
See you on the #flipblogs!